TAAP (174535) loganair EEC petrofac
Equinor gains drilling permit for wildcat wells in Norwegian Sea

Equinor gains drilling permit for wildcat wells in Norwegian Sea

 

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Equinor a drilling permit for wells located in the Norwegian Sea.

The well 6407/1-8 S and A will be drilled from the West Hercules drilling rig after concluding the drilling of wildcat well 34/11-24 S for Equinor in production licence 248 C.

The drilling programme for well 6407/1-8 S & A relates to the drilling of wildcat wells in production licence 263 D.

Equinor is the operator with an ownership interest of 80 per cent and its partner is Pandion Norge with the remaining 20 per cent.

The area in this licence consists of part of block 6407/1.

The well will be drilled about 9 kilometres east of the Maria field.

Production licence 263 D was carved out on 2 March 2018 in APA 2017. This is the first exploration well to be drilled in the licence.

Source: offshore-energy.biz/

Read the latest issue of the OGV Energy magazine HERE.

Published: 29-07-2020

OGV Energy will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Please let us know all the ways you would like to hear from us:

TAAP (31875)