Tube Bender Operator
Location: Equatorial Guinea
Fluor Industrial Services are part of the TRS Staffing Solutions group, a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. We specialise in offering clients both general and bespoke recruitment solutions and can deliver tailored solutions for your recruitment requirements, from a single candidate to an entire project team Specialities Recruitment, Staffing, Secondment, Manpower, Maintenance, Operations, Engineering, Procurement, Project Management, Oil and Gas, Offshore, Onshore, 24/7 365 days a year.
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work with one of the worlds most recognisable names in energy provision on a project in West Africa.
The major responsibilities are:
- Cut and thread pipe to specifications, pipe threaders and benders
- Use hand benders and bench benders to fit Hydraulic and Pneumatic tubing.
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings and related equipment according to specifications
- Attach pipes to structures and fixtures, using brackets, clamps, tools, or welding equipment
- Inspect, examine and test installed systems and pipe lines using pressure gauge hydrostatic test, observation, or other methods as needed
- Layout pipe systems, supports, and related equipment following specifications
- Follow established job site safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Checks bent tubing to specification and tolerance using proper measurement and inspection equipment.
- Inspects end product from bending operation to ensure accuracy.
- Completes all required paperwork in a correct and timely manner.
- Operates hoist, cart caddy, fork lift and manual pallet jack, as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
You must be able to demonstrate and evidence the following:
- Ability to comprehend and follow simple written and verbal instructions and procedures
- Mid to advanced knowledge and familiarity with manufacturing equipment such as tube bender, saws, notching and expanding equipment
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to prioritize work to maintain production pace of other team members
- General knowledge of database/inventory software and/or manufacturing systems preferred, but not required.
- Basic computer skills preferred (Word, Excel)
- At least 5 years previous pipe fitter/tube bender experience
- Full understanding of lockout/tag out and confined space procedures
- Comprehend safety rules, operation maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Working knowledge of pipe-fitting techniques and methods
- Able to read blueprints, drawings, P&IDs, etc.
This is an ongoing contract position and we are looking for experienced and reliable candidates who will be a good ambassador whilst onsite.
Apply now for more details.