Shutdown / Modifications Manager
Promote awareness of Health, Safety, Environmental, Integrity, Quality and Productivity.
To promote Spirit Energy core values (e.g. care, delivery, collaboration, agility and courage).
Ownership of scopes related to project / modifications work.
Work closely with other groups; Engineering Asset Integrity, Operations, Commercial, Supply Chain, Compliance, Capital Projects and other internal/external stakeholders to plan, organize and execute future Shutdowns
Provide a strategic framework / model to plan, execute and close out modifications work scopes.
The Shutdown/Modifications Manager will provide strong technical, project management, organizational, and communication leadership skills and will develop the knowledge of the systems, processes and tools required to plan and execute project work, outages and shutdowns.
- Oversee and direct project activities (OPEX) from concept, initiation, pre-execution, execution, set benchmarks, and close out throughout the project life cycle.
- Carry out lessons learnt reviews and follow-up to ensure all actions are closed out.
- Develop agile processes and procedures to govern, assure and deliver modifications work.
- Deliver shutdown/modifications scopes to the agreed budget, within the integrated planning process ensuring both: safety and quality are not compromised in the process.
- Communicate status reports and KPI’s to the leadership team on a regular basis on progress of work, cost control, meeting targets etc.
- Have the appropriate processes in place to measure project status and identify gaps in readiness and our ability to deliver the work.
- Develop agile contract / procurement solutions to deliver projects / workscopes using the most appropriate vendor at optimum cost.
- Appraise projects costings and evaluate about time, cost and quality targets. Ensure non-productive time is minimized and projects are delivered to the optimum cost.
- Develop long-term / multi-year strategic shutdown strategies and ensure annual outages meet business plan.
- Develop and implement strong shutdown governance processes to manage and control shutdowns in a structured way e.g. decision review, optimisation, management of change, risk review, engagement with key stakeholders etc.
- Provide strong leadership with an emphasis on: planning, communication, cost management, commercial, quality, safety, risk management and progress reporting.
- Ensure a robust operating rhythm is implemented to manage the entire shutdown process.
- Ensure all key dates and gate milestones are delivered in the SD milestone plan and a robust execution strategy is implemented.
- Must provide department leadership to achieve the objectives of the department. Maintain and improve department performance by developing and motivating staff by setting goals, managing performance, development, conducting performance reviews, encouraging ongoing development, and recruiting appropriately qualified staff.
- Understanding all the facets in the construction process
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to provide present timely and relevant feedback/reporting to various stakeholders
- Innovative, self-motivated, professional, and able to work without being under direct supervision and contribute in a fast-paced, multi-discipline team environment
- Proficient in reading and understanding mechanical discipline drawings including P&IDs, piping isometrics, general arrangements, mechanical system drawings, and must possess a high level of attention to detail
- A strong knowledge and understanding of planning and its crucial role in shutdown preparation and project execution.
- Must have strong analytical, problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities
- Ability to work independently to organize, plan, coordinate, and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to exercise leadership without formal authority and have demonstrated leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, influencing and to meet with Shutdown objectives
- Familiarity with project management principles and practices
- Proficiency in the use of PC-based computer systems and software applications with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel, Word and Project.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE VIA SPIRIT ENERGY WEBSITE USING BELOW LINK