Overall Purpose of the Role
Responsible for performing work in accordance with the Company quality procedures providing technical support for projects and team support. Be able to undertake, lead and perform complex functional tasks without supervision. Should also be constantly looking for business opportunities, use initiative and be a team player.
- Participate and lead in subsea and multidiscipline study teams;
- Carry out pipeline, risers, and subsea structures design calculations and finite element modelling using fundamental engineering knowledge;
- Participate in studies for the design of subsea oil and gas production systems;
- Perform process calculations and equipment sizing
- Report and technical note writing;
- Work within Client’s offices as required.
- Provide input to proposals, bids, marketing information as required;
- Develop opportunities for follow-on and additional study work for all divisions of Xodus, through client contacts related to Xodus studies;
- Explore opportunities for application of new technologies, and maximize use of expertise within Xodus;
- Basic Flow Assurance knowledge would be beneficial.
Minimum BSc Honours degree in Mechanical, Civil, Subsea or Offshore Engineering;
Skills and Behaviours
- Ability to provide practical and innovative solutions to mechanical and structural engineering problems;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential;
- High computer literacy in MS Office, MathCAD;
- Flexibility to adapt to varying assignments at short notice;
- Team player comfortable with interfacing at all levels;
- Enthusiastic learner, prepared to use own initiative whenever possible;
- Client focussed, always seeking to exceed expectations;
- 6+ years relevant industry experince
- Previous oil & gas experience (subsea and pipeline design) and experience in Pre-FEED, FEED or Detailed Design projects would be beneficial;
- Training will be provided in all relevant areas.
Key Deliverables KPIs/Measures
- Lead & input into subsea design projects;
- Calculations and simulations;
- Reports and Technical Notes.
- Positive contribution to project;
- Integration to existing team;
- Learn new skills.