Subsea Technology and Rentals (STR) designs and manufactures a wide range of varied and exciting Electronics and Electro-mechanical equipment primarily for the offshore marine sector.
STR is looking to recruit an experienced and very capable Electronics Design Engineer to work within our R & D team.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate good capability and experience in the following areas:
- Small signal analogue electronics design.
- Power electronics design including PSU’s, Transmitters and Battery Management.
- Application of digital electronics including fast logic, FPGA’s and microcontrollers.
- Have a good understanding of physics especially in regard to the application of transducers e.g. electromagnetic radiation/detection including optoelectronics, broad spectrum acoustics, thermodynamics and electromagnetics.
- The ability to thoroughly analyse and fully understand component data sheets to determine suitability of components for an application.
- Capable of competently using modern PC based design tools e.g. circuit simulation, schematic capture, PCB design. Also have good IT skills.
- A basic understanding of firmware/software design would be an advantage but, not essential as we have software engineers as part of the team.
- Completion, to a high standard, of all documentation required as part of the design process.
- An understanding of mechanics including mechanical engineering drawings and design concepts.
- Experience of working within the guidelines of current Quality Assurance and Health & Safety systems.
- The ability to produce thoroughly thought through safe and reliable designs is absolutely essential.
Candidates would be expected to be able to establish and transition a viable design from an initial brief through to a deliverable production design, working closely with other members of the R&D team to produce the best possible solutions.
We require an individual with a high level of self-motivation, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for your work. For the right candidate the role will provide many enjoyable challenges and be highly rewarding.