This position will focus on providing planning and forecasting of current and future scope, data analysis, and creating, implementing, and maintaining software solutions as required for the department, consisting of:
- Creating, maintaining, modifying, and implementing new PowerBI and low code apps / reports and data collection;
- Project Planning - program planning ranging from one year to 10 years based on PI, FI, and other department's requirements;
- Analyzing department data, identifying gaps, recommending solutions, and creating and implementing new software systems, reports, and data warehousing.
- Improving the overall data management & information reporting systems within the department.
- Maintain a suite of key program level dashboards in PowerBI for the Pipeline Integrity & Facilities Integrity work the department
- Responsible for the code / scripts that extract, transform, clean, & move data from various data sources in the department into PowerBI (or other software platforms such as a "low code app" used by the department);
- Identify and develop new reports and / or analysis (self-identified improvements) for the department;
- Communicate effectively and frequently with department personnel as their requests are being fulfilled; be responsive and available to client concerns, issues, feedback, and questions;
- Analyze scope and schedule reports from external sponsors (Pipeline integrity, Facility Integrity, etc.,), plan execution timeframes for the scope, on an annual and ten year timeframe:
- Identify and recommend on frequency of data updates for department information sources;
- Identify, develop, and maintain reports on scope specific permit information / data and the resulting scheduling / forecasting challenges;
- Work with other departments to help improve the interface of data sent between departments to reduce the overall amount of time the company expands on data management;
- Create or update existing forms of data collection systems in the pertinent software platforms to improve and streamline data collection and storage as requested by management;
- Perform system tests and quality assurance activities on reports and data sources;
- Create and deliver end-user training & documentation as required;
- Ensure the information systems can manage and report on baseline, actual, and forecasted contractor schedules for all department executed work;
- Develop / create an information data collection approach / system and process for non-standard or new work executed by the department to allow the scope to be included in current department reporting;
- Develop and write new (or update existing) department processes and procedures to improve information and data management for the department;
- Assist in the implementation of current estimating tools, information / data warehousing, and programs;
- Assist in the development and implementation of new estimating tools, information / data warehousing and programs;
- Assist in the development, analysis, and data warehousing of construction scope and cost metrics
- Developing program reports / dashboards to chart current scope against long standing metrics.
- Data administration, integrity, management, and analysis for all aspects of the department's data as
- required by management;
- Creation and / or implementation of new systems, reports, and data warehousing;
- Expectation to independently, manage a multitude of data sources in a controlled and efficient manner and directly resolve issues, with little oversight;
- Responsible for data collection, compilation and management processes development and implementation; and
- Required to work on multiple requests concurrently
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.