Instrumentation & Electrical Technician, Basingstoke, To £40,000
Our client, a leading Oil & Gas plant near Basingstoke are looking to hire an experienced Instrumentation & Electrical Technician to undertake activities relating to maintenance and operation of the production and gas plant facilities.
- Identifying, scheduling, carrying out and the recording of routine maintenance checks.
- Identifying, scheduling, carrying out and the recording of non-routine maintenance repairs.
- Carrying out the routine servicing of various types of process control instrumentation equipment such as transmitters, controllers, analysers etc.
- Assisting/carrying out vendor specified routine maintenance.
- Maintaining of all site services in good working order and applicable to safe working practices.
- Where possible and available, responding to 24 hour call outs or giving advice on plant breakdowns outside normal working hours.
- Carrying out of general housekeeping to ensure facilities are maintained clean and tidy
- Assist other technicians or operational staff as necessary or advised.
- Carrying out equipment isolations to permit requirements to ensure that equipment is safe to perform maintenance on.
- Assisting during the installation and commissioning of new plant facilities.
- Working alongside specialist vendor service engineers.
- Liaising with and supervising contractors,
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4-5 years maintenance experience on equipment related to the installed instrument and/or electrical equipment.
- Possess instrument qualification (apprenticeship or NVQ level 3) with a good working knowledge in electrical.
- An understanding of the workings of the oil and gas industry
- Must be able to plan and prioritise daily activities to ensure the safety systems and process control systems operate safely and efficiently.
- Must be a team player and participate in exchange of knowledge and communicate with all levels of management and commercial third parties.
- Diligence and reliability.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Able to cope with pressured situations.
- Pro-active in achieving results.
- Hours of Work: 7.30-4.30 Monday to Friday. However, the position includes some weekend, evening and bank holiday work.
This role is commutable from Basingstoke, Southampton, Winchester, Petersfield, Eastleigh, Reading
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.