Our client is a market leading name in the development of cutting edge downhole tools for the global oil and gas market. Due to an increase in business they are looking to recruit a talented Firmware Engineer to join their R&D team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be involved in the full development life-cycle of the firmware and can expect the backing of a company that is not afraid to invest in developing technology.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience with writing embedded C code on 8/16bit microcontrollers. At least 3 years commercial experience would be ideal.
- Demonstrable experience of previous complex coding projects.
- Good understanding of the intricacies of designing microcontroller code and behaviours in extreme conditions.
- Rounded knowledge of digital electronics and an understanding of analogue electronics
- Source control, issue tracking system and managing software releases
- Maths - building algorithms
- Ability to think of unusual solutions to design challenges
- Good team player with strong communication skills
- Degree qualified in relevant field
This is a full time permanent staff role based in Aberdeen.
Please contact Paul on 01224 302475 to discuss further.