Maputo - Mozambique - Onshore - 28x28 rotational
Knowledge of International Building Code, South Africa Building code is essential.
* Lead the design effort and activities from conception and execution to handover. Including the design effort from programming, concept, schematic, design development and construction design documentation.
* Lead technical and operational reviews to ensure Security, Safety, Health and Environmental aspects are included into project execution and facility operation & maintenance phase
* Manage the construction administration phase by monitoring and maintaining KPIs for Submittals, RFIs, Design Changes and all other design activities
* Perform design evaluations and works to complete projects within budget and schedule restraints
* Reviews industry building code, company policies and procedures to ensure design accuracy, security, and regulatory compliance.
* Reviews technical reports, malfunction and maintenance to determine or address problems.
* Provides technical support for the engineering process. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
* Interface with end user, client to understand and document requirements
* Works under Project Manager Supervision.
* Back up responsibilities for the Project Manager as required
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Coordinates development of Capital Project Management System deliverables
* Lead and manage the development technical requirement for in Invitation to Tender (ITT) and participates in the ITT bid evaluation and contractor selection
* Participates in identification & sourcing long lead equipment, support selection of equipment that can be supplied and maintained by local & regional suppliers
* Coordinates project issues resolution process
* Coordinates change requests & endorses change authorization
* Responsible for the completion of the assigned work scope consistent with the Project Objectives
* Engages Project Team and functional resources to verify that the design & construction is consistent with project specifications & standards
* Serves as interface between End user, Project Team & Contractor
* Ensures smooth transitions between project stages
* Leads Project Management Team (PMT) in applying Project Management Systems
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Architectural degree - BS in engineering field is acceptable
* Extensive experience in multiple assignments in architectural, engineering, construction, and project management and controls activities
* Broad range of experience and skills through multiple function & project assignments (Multi-discipline skill set)
* Broad knowledge of design standards, specifications & work processes
* Strong leadership, influencing & interpersonal skills
* Strong organisational, coordination, planning & interface skills
* Proficient in AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Office suite of software programs
* Good knowledge of International Building Code, South Africa Building code
* Excellent communication skills & ability to read, write & speak fluent English - Highly preferable if candidate speaks Portuguese
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.