Working within the Global Business Services (GBS) section of the company, GBS Procurement manages risk and delivers value for global spend on corporate goods and services (IT, HR, Professional Services, Property and Travel). They across all functions, segments and geographies providing a unique ability to impact the business.
This role involves establishing, agreeing and executing the category management plans for a portfolio of Contingent Workforce labour.
The role involves significant stakeholder management working across multiple areas and gives the incumbent a rare insight into how the Company works.
- $100m- $300m of Global or Regional temporary labour procurement scope accountability
- Overall category responsibility in the EMEA for professional, petroleum and light industrial skills
- Ownership of Light Industrial Global Category Plan
- Cross-functional team management of internal staff, suppliers and partners
- Contingent Workforce supply market and demand within the Company for a sub-category of spend
- Work with the business partners to develop and agree category plans
- Execute the strategy, creating and managing operational metrics
- Establish and oversee the transactional procurement process
- Agree preferred supplier and tail supplier management strategies
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Comms, etc. to effectively lead change
- Perform Contract Management, Supplier Performance/Relationship Management
Essential Experience & Requirements
- Demonstrated adaptive, resilient and growth leadership mindeset
- Business and commercial acumen to build and maintain global relationships
- Proven adaptive influencer flexing styles to partner and collaborate internally/externally
- Innovator continuously looking for value driven business solutions
- Experienced in developing and/or working with current digital procurement solutions
- Domain expertise in contingent workforce category- supply markets, pricing models, etc.
- Thorough understanding and experience in procurement category management life cycle
- Working knowledge with applying labour regulations to contractual requirements
- Working in a complex, diverse, inclusive and international large corporate environment
- Work experience in Oil and Gas or energy related industries
- Collaboration skills to lead small to large solutioning work sessions
- Working experience with a contingent workforce managed service provider model
- Working knowledge of direct sourcing and freelance marketplace models
- Data Analytics experience in defining requirements and drawing actionable insights
- Proficient in MS Suite - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, TEAMS, Power BI, etc.
- Light Industrial temporary labour category experience In EMEA, Americas, etc.
- Project Management and Project Planning tools experience (ie. MS Project)
- Change Management experience including multinational enterprise
- Experience in professional services procurement - IT, consulting, etc.
- Additional languages - written and verbal
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.