Cegal is a professional partner delivering cloud solutions, software and consultancy within IT, geoscience and data management. We have a business model based on delivery of scalable and recurring As a Service solutions. This enables our E&P customers in the oil and gas industry to scale costs easily.
With significant investments in our product and services portfolio over the last years, we now have a unique offering and are well positioned for the future.
Cegal was founded in 2000, delivering centralized IT operations and providing profitable solutions through economies of scale. Over time and with mergers and acquisitions Cegal continued to grow from being a generic service provider to become a global provider of both IT and geoscience solutions to the oil and gas industry.
Today Cegal provides dedicated and integrated products, services, software and concepts to fill the gap between IT and E&P.
Cegal is looking for a Business Development Manager for the African region, based at our office in Esher, Surrey. This is an exciting, new position where the successful candidate will be responsible for the continued expansion of Cegal’s products & services into an area of renewed focus.
Main Responsibilities & Work Tasks
· Responsible for selling Cegal products & services to clients in Africa
· Drive sales engagement and delivery of software product sales to customers in Africa
· Become knowledgeable of Cegal’s software product technologies & associated services
· Keep abreast of all changes/updates to the Cegal software product portfolio
· Develop strategies to generate new business across existing & new clients
· Determine the client’s business requirements, positioning Cegal’s tools as a solution
· Build and maintain a reliable software product pipeline for existing & new customers
· Respond to customer requests for information, providing technical responses as required
· Monitor software product evaluations, taking them through the entire sales process
· Document, report & follow-up on all sales/business development activity
· Manage sales targets and reporting effectively
· Be proactive in participating in local/regional industry events – workshops, conferences, lectures, exhibitions, lunch and learns
· Degree in an earth science or engineering related subject preferred but not essential
· Minimum 5 years of relevant business development/sales experience.
· Proficiency in the understanding & usage of Petrel software highly advantageous
· Previous sales/business development experience in Africa desired
· Strong client facing skills
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Fluent in spoken and written English essential
· Reliable, responsible and independent
· Willing to travel
· Right to work in UK
· No Visa limitations to travel to African counties
We can offer
· Permanent full-time position
· Competitive salary, commission and benefits
To start as soon as possible.